Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:28AM
Vector Stock Helper is a free Illustrator script for MAC/PC that help vector artist to check, clean, and export vector files ready for stock.
The main goal for the script is help contributors to avoid rejections due technical problems on vector files and help inspectors to simplify their work.
• MAC/PC compatible, Adobe illustrator CS3,CS4,CS5
(CS5 is in early test so don't hesitate to inform any bug on my website here)
• Check document for all EPS AI8 incompatibilities (open shapes, stray points, Items outside the artboard, closed and stroked paths, linked items, raster items, transparency effects, transparent layers, JPEG preview size)
• Cleanup document to reduce file size and make the document more user friendly (Delete empty layers, delete guides, delete uncolored items, delete paterns, symbols and graphics styles, delete unused swatches, add used colors as global swatches, unlock and unhide layers)
• Export JPEG (.jpg) and EPS AI 8 (.eps) requerid files. Optional files: AI CS3 (.ai), PDF v.7 (.pdf), PNG image(.png) and PSD image (.psd)
• Metadata manager to add Title,description and keyword to the exported raster files.
• Configurable image size for exported files. (option to automatic set the minimum size required to match iStockPhoto JPEG preview standar)
• Easy of use User Interface with fully configurable settings.
You can download it and see use and instalation instruction on my website: here
It has been a long proccess for me to arrive to this script, so I want to say thanks to all the vector istockers who have unselfishly served as betatesters for the project in the early stages. You guys made all this possible, thanks!!!
(Edited on 2011-04-21 10:41:10 by mendio)
Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:41AM
Awesome! Big thanks Looking forward to trying it out.
Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45PM
I just wanted to say that I have been using this with CS5 and I love it! It's such a time saver. My favorite feature is the auto-resize so I can just choose all the file types I want and click save and go make a cup of tea! hehehe
Thank you so much for the aweosme tool Matias
(Edited on 2011-02-28 12:46:34 by diane555)
Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:51PM
Matias is the man! Thanks for the awesome tool dude!
Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:08PM
I've been lucky enough to beta test this script and it is AWESOME. Thanks for all your hard work Mendio!!!
Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:16PM
Thanks for the nice comments, guys!!
Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:04PM
AWESOME.... works really well... went from having nothing for cs5 now to a nice swag of options...
Posted Tue Mar 1, 2011 2:05AM
great to see this released matias, thank you!
Posted Tue Mar 1, 2011 7:43AM
If anyone has bugs or errors using the script, please use this form to let me know
Posted Tue Mar 1, 2011 10:34AM
Thanks for making it compatable with CS3.
Posted Tue Mar 1, 2011 10:51AM
Wow. Great tool. I'm downloading now!
Posted Fri Mar 4, 2011 7:01AM
Thank you Matias for this fantastic tool! One of the many things I really like of this script; is the possibility to make an .eps and .jpg in just one click! And thank you so much for your help to make the script work on my computer, you're awesome!
Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 12:57AM
Can someone make this a sticky perhaps? Great tool
Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 9:53AM
I wanted to add my 2 centavos, I was also fortunate to help in the beta testing and I too find this tool VERY usefull, I love the exporting feature, that part was always such a pain. I'm very please with how this has turned out! Way to go Matías! Genius!
Posted Wed Mar 9, 2011 1:05PM
Thanks for all the nice comments, the useful feedback and the bug reports.
There is a new version of Vector Stock Helper to download (v1.0.13) at my website (no new features, only bugs fixes)
You can see at bottom of the download page that there are a lot of fixes added to this version, so I encourage you to download and replace the old one.
Any comments or suggestions for future additions will be welcome!
Enjoy the script...
Posted Wed Mar 9, 2011 1:39PM
I am unable to open the downloaded zip file Matias. Seems to be missing a (.) in front of zip but adding one didn't help
Posted Wed Mar 9, 2011 1:49PM
The download page is working now.
Thanks Di! This bug has also been Fixed!
(Edited on 2011-03-10 10:54:56 by mendio)
Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:05PM
Looks very interesting, I give it a try
Posted Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:34PM
Thank you! This is just great! I just downloaded it and want to see how it works with my workflow. I am all about supporting things like this if they increase work efficiency. Thanks again.
Posted Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:48AM
Thank you very much for this script!
I have used it on some recent uploads.. its fantastic! I'm certain it saved me from a couple of careless rejections...