Posted Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:03PM
I will be able to upload 3 new samples for application in a couple of weeks, but I want to leave enough time to make changes, if necessary. It's my 5th attempt and this time I've spent many hours on these sample photos. I'm hoping to avoid another letdown. PLEASE review my samples and let me know if I should submit any or all of these :
1. X'mas Girl:
On the last photo, some of you have given me feedback before and I had spent more time fixing up the photo; hopefully now it's acceptable.
Thanks in advance!
(Edited on 2012-12-03 12:30:16 by kelvinjay)
Posted Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:35PM
1. You've got too many areas of the girl that are too close to being blown out, on the left side. The fur, the sleeve. Also, the fur has a purple cast.
2. It's a picture of a lighthouse. Looks in focus. Nothing special otherwise.
3. Nice, but stairs on left look blurry and some CA here and there. The whole thing looks good when small, but at 100%, doesn't seem to hold up.
I don't think I'd use any of these to apply.
Posted Mon Dec 3, 2012 1:57PM
1. Most of the highlights are recoverable, some on them on right can be fixed with a healing brush, purple cast can be removed easly with a sponge tool.
2.It it just a lighthouse but IMHO the "nothing special" needs a home too.
3. Great shot that is showing the limitation of your equipment, with a selective color adjustment to correct CA's it can be mastered, selective sharpening with burning can fix the blurry staircase, I really like this one, very nice.