Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:06PM
Call for Donations: Free Illustration of the Month
It's been a couple of years since we put the call out for Free Illustration of the Month donations. Our donation lightbox is slowly shrinking so it's time to fill it up with fresh new quality files
What is the Free Illustration of the Month?
The Free Illustration of the Month is an illustration that's featured on our Illustration Landing Page each month.
When you donate a file, we add it to a lightbox and each month we'll choose one illustration to feature. When choosing a file we look for seasonal subjects (illustrations that represent upcoming holidays, seasons, events, etc). We also try to mix things up in terms of each file's subject, style and complexity.
The Free Illustration is a free download so you won't receive royalties, however it's a good opportunity to showcase your work on the Illustration Landing Page and help push traffic through your portfolio.
- If you'd like to donate an illustration, please post your file number(s) here in this thread.
- You can donate as many files as you like, and as often as you like. However, keep in mind that once one of your files is chosen we can't choose another from you for some time: This gives other contributors the chance to have their files featured too.
- All submissions will remain in our lightbox so there's no need to resubmit your donations. If you'd ever like a donation removed just let us know.
- We accept both vector and raster file formats.
- You can submit anything you choose: We try to feature all kinds of illustrations. Please remember that the Free Illustration of the Month is a chance for you to showcase the quality of your portfolio: You should only submit illustrations that you're proud of.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
(Edited on 2014-03-31 13:21:14 by bortonia)
Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:44PM
Specifically, we're looking to update the styles and subjects in our current lightbox. We've made a lot of changes to the illustration content in the past couple of years (AI10 files, transparencies, text designs, etc) and we'd like to start showcasing the new look on the Landing Page.
Here are just some of the subjects and styles we're currently looking for:
Illustration Trends: A look at styles and subjects that are gaining in popularity
Creative Brief: Labels and Signs: A look at what we want for label and sign illustrations;
Creative Briefs: Text Elements. You can download these as PDFs here and here
Wedding Trends: Some great examples of typography and illustration in use on wedding invitations
Creative Brief: Kawaii
Trending Topics: Last year's most popular stock topics
European Trends: A look at what's trending in Europe
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:41AM
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:42PM
Haha, I love it! Thanks Ryccio, I have added it to our lightbox
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38PM
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:08PM
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:29PM
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:00PM
Thanks so much everyone, we're off to a fantastic start already!
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47PM
Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:22AM
Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:58PM
Posted Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:50AM
Posted Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:24AM
Posted Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:25PM
Thanks everyone, I'm lightboxing these as they come in. The collection is looking fantastic! Thanks so much for all of the donations
Posted Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:45PM
Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35PM
Oh I totally remember the 'spammer'! I love that illustration!
Posted Thu Aug 1, 2013 6:30AM
Posted Thu Aug 1, 2013 3:52PM
Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:25AM
Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:28AM
And another one from me.
(Edited on 2013-08-16 08:28:54 by sarpinator)