Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 1:00PM
There are lots of great dog and cat photos on this site, but most aren't wearing collar and tags. I work for an animal shelter and though I take most of our photos using our own shelter animals, sometimes I need a pet in a home setting. Our policy is to use only photos where the pets are wearing tags and collar. I've gotten pretty good at adding them in Photoshop, but it's a real help when they are already there. And just in general-it also sends a good message to the public at large.
Would also love to see more minorities with pets. Especially kids.
(Edited on 2007-01-04 13:05:24 by jwilson22)
Thanks to everyone for responding to my request. There are some great choices and since I'm always designing for new projects, I'm forever looking for new photos.
Along with the collars and tags, i'd love to see more mixbreeds. While our shelter sees roughly 25% purebred dogs, that leaves 75% which are mixbreeds.
(Edited on 2007-09-02 10:21:21 by jwilson22)
(Edited on 2007-09-02 10:23:38 by jwilson22)
Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 1:05PM
No tags or collar, but a minority with dog. Latin American (Brazilian) with ACD
Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 1:39PM
You're right, I did a quick search and only found 1 or 2 pets in a home setting wearing a collar and tags. I'll see if I can take some photos of my dog, he's a rescued dog. I'm sure he'll love laying on the sofa for some pictures!! LOL
Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 1:47PM
Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 3:42PM
Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 8:47PM
Great point to bring up.... my dogs just got their shots today, so they have nice shiny tags. I'll have to take some photos.
Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 10:02PM
Thanks to all of you for being so positive about this. I know of other animal welfare organizations that use IStock and I'm sure they will appreciate this as much as we do. I realize pets photos aren't thought of as highly as some other types of images, but there are a lot of rescues, shelters and animal welfare organizations out there and we all need images we can afford and that we can't always get using our shelter pets. So again, thanks.
Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 11:19PM
Posted Thu Jan 4, 2007 11:20PM
Posted Fri Jan 5, 2007 5:34AM
Posted Fri Jan 5, 2007 7:06AM
Posted Fri Jan 5, 2007 7:28AM
That is good to know that collars and tags are needed, I always clone the tags out.
eta: My dogs have microchips, they don't photograph well
(Edited on 2007-01-05 07:29:33 by AngelaHill)
Posted Sat Jan 6, 2007 12:54PM
Posted Sat Jan 6, 2007 1:14PM
Posted Sat Jan 6, 2007 5:58PM
Posted Sat Jan 6, 2007 9:55PM
Posted Sat Jan 6, 2007 10:27PM
Posted Sat Jan 6, 2007 10:29PM
Another one of mine
Posted Mon Jan 8, 2007 10:30AM
Posted Sat Feb 3, 2007 12:34PM