Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - September 11, 2013: This historic church called Basilica of San Albino was built in 1906 and is now part of the Las Cruces, New Mexico Roman Catholic Diocese. The structure is on the site of the original adobe church, built in 1852 in La Mesilla, New Mexico. La Mesilla, or 'Old Mesilla' as it is known to locals, originally was part of Mexico before the international borderline was re-drawn in 1854. The church is named for Saint Albinus of Angers, a French monk who was born in about 470. The building was constructed in Romanesque, French style architecture due to early European influences. A memorial to parishioners killed in combat is at the front of Basilica of San Albino.