Parker’s Piece in Cambridge, the city of bicycles, with the ubiquitous student bicycle with a wicker basket, chained to the railing. Parker’s Piece is one of the chief parks of Cambridge, just off the city centre, and consists of about 24 acres of open grass land. The land originally belonged to Trinity College, but derives its name from Edward Parker, cook of the college, who had a lease on it from 1613, and used it for farming. Today it serves for every purpose that parkland serves a community. In the centre of Parker's Piece is a lamp post, believed to be the earliest electric lamp post in Cambridge. The words "Reality Checkpoint" have been etched onto it giving the lamp post an almost legendary status with students.