Russulaceae. There are some excellent edible mushrooms in the Russulaceae family, some of which can even be eaten raw. However, the family also includes inedible mushrooms, which can cause gastrointestinal upset. What's more, there are also some deadly toxic species in the Russulaceae family, such as *Russula subnigricans*. Ingestion of *Russula subnigricans* can cause very severe rhabdomyolysis, and this mushroom is a major culprit in mushroom poisoning in China and Japan. When you find these mushrooms, do not collect or eat them at random. If you experience discomfort after ingesting them, seek medical help as soon as possible.